J and K govt issues revised COVID-19 guidelines for educational institutions
As regards educational institutions, following directions shall be adhered:-
- Classes for 12th standard shall be permitted with limited in-person teaching not exceeding 50% on a given day, for vaccinated students and staff. Consent shall be obtained from the parents of all students who are willing to attend the school. The school premises should be thoroughly sanitized. Proper screening regarding staff shows be done on the school gate. If students or teachers or other school staff shows symptoms of cough, cold or fever, they will not be allowed to enter the school. The head of the school must ensure that the guidelines related to social distancing and covid protocols or strictly followed.
- Limited in-person teaching of students of 10th class, not exceeding 50% on any given day, and after ensuring compliance with covid appropriate behaviour by the school authorities, can be permitted by concerned deputy commissioners after due screening through 100% rapid antigen test or RT-PCR, subject to consent of parents and students. The schools will strictly follow covid related protocols.
- The schools, except for relaxations as provided above for students of 12th and 10th classes, shall continue to remain closed for on-site / in-person teaching.
- Limited in-person teaching of vaccinated students, not exceeding 50% on any given day, shall be permitted in polytechnics and ITIs subject to consent of parents and students and al measures as per covid related protocols.
- Coaching Centres for civil services/Engineering/NEET shall be permitted with limited in-person teaching, for fully vaccinated staff and students, subject to condition that trhe head if the centre shall ensure that the guidelines related to social distancing and covid protocols are adhered to.
- All coaching centres, excepted those indicated above, shall continue to remain closed for in-person/on-site teaching.
- Higher educational institutions shall be permitted to commence limited in-person subject to 100% vaccination of staff and students and specific permission of concerned deputy commissioners. Such institutions can organise special vaccination camps in consultation with district administration. The head of these institutions must ensure that the guidelines related to social distancing and covid protocols are adhered to.
- Educational institutions shall be permitted to direct attendance of vaccinated staff for administrative purposes only.